Societies require rules. So do organizations. These rules—policies and procedures—define the who, what, where, when, how and why for everyone. They are the bedrock supporting smooth operations and great performance.
It is no small task to develop, distribute, enforce and update effective policies and procedures. Policy compliance takes effort at every step. Failure may not be an option but it can become the default.
In this ebook, we break down the five top reasons your policy compliance might be failing and provide you with some helpful tips to improve compliance. In each section, we’ll share a typical goal that your policy should works towards, along with how you can mix your expertise with your organization to achieve that goal.
- How to define the purpose of a policy or procedure
- Create communication cycles for policy creation, review and approval
- Develop a style guide for policy writing
- Ensure management commitment
- Conduct proactive reappraisal of policies and procedures