Most people are familiar with the term ‘standard operating procedure’ or SOP but not everyone agrees on its purpose and value. While some think that SOPs restrict freedom and flexibility, done right SOPs actually enable efficiency and creativity, ensure best practice and lower costs.
SOPs define the steps required to complete a particular task or job. They do not have to go into great detail but they establish a way of doing something that can be quite beneficial.
In this ebook, we break down the three key elements that go into the best standard operating procedure template for organizations. These are Clear Purpose, Consistent Content and Continuous Improvement.
- How to define the purpose of the newly proposed procedure
- Common standard operating procedure template content
- The importance of document source management
- About the procedure lifecycle process
- The characteristics of a healthy SOP lifecycle
- How to make SOPs contribute to your organization’s success.