Position: Software Developer
Type: Part-time or full-time
Location:U.S. remote home office
Compensation: Based on experience and qualifications
Background: ComplianceBridge Corporation (CB) develops and markets software solutions that leverage an organization’s existing strengths and resources to maximize compliance and improve corporate and IT governance. The company’s flagship product, TotalCompliance®, combines the best practices of Risk Assessment and Management, with Policy and Procedure Management into a comprehensive, low-cost, easy-to-use cloud-based solution.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree; knowledge and training in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a comparable line of studies. Alternately, two or more years of direct experience in software development would suffice for a bachelor’s degree. The candidate must be capable of taking guidance and instruction well, then performing the duties of the job with minimal interaction. The candidate’s success will be measured by meeting documented objectives.
A valid driver’s license and proof of U. S. citizenship or right to work in U. S. are required.
Skills: The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience using the “LAMP” – Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP — development tools. Comparable experience may suffice. The candidate should have good written and oral presentation skills. Problem solving, pro-active communication, and organizational skills are required.
Duties: The candidate’s duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Become competent in the use of TotalCompliance®, product installation and implementation, usage, features, benefits, capabilities, and weaknesses.
- Under supervision, find, analyze, and report problems in releases of the product: e.g. grammar and spelling errors, confusing features and wording, navigation errors, bugs, etc.
- Create, update and maintain test scripts.
- Perform IT duties on ComplianceBridge servers such as backups, upgrades, and maintenance
- Provide second-level support of customers and prospects both in writing and verbally via phone and/or Internet.
- Prepare product upgrade and/or modification recommendations as a result of customer feedback.
- Update documentation and training materials following guidelines and using templates.
- Repair software bugs and maintain software modules.
- Design, develop, and test new software features.
- Maintain private test and QA working websites; e.g. upgrading, data loading.
- Other duties as assigned.